Hi everyone!

My name is Karen, I live on the (sometimes) sunny NSW Central Coast, have a partner who has three great kids, have 4 1/2 dogs (share one with the partner), and am discovering the world of paper crafts and scrapbooking!

Started scrapbooking approx 5 yr ago, and have realised it's an ever evolving craft ... so many new things, techniques etc coming out all the time - it's hard to keep up! For example, recently discovered Copic markers - oh what fun we are having now! As a consequence, my house is always one of organised chaos lol.

I fund my hobbies (or habits, I haven't decided which yet) working as a pet groomer here on the coast, which also caters for my love of animals. I have been showing dogs since I was 8 yr old, and will never be with a canine companion. Next year, hopefully one of the girls will be having puppies - a whole new subject to scrap!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend away ....

Have ventured down to our Nation's capital this weekend, as being the long weekend, we have a little more time to spare, but also because it's nearing the end of Floriade, the big flower festival which is held each year at the Exhibition Gardens.

It was beautiful! Literally, millions of tulips (... will upload photos shortly) in every concievable colour, from white through to black, and a miriade of varigated colours as well. I tried to take a photo of every different colour, but as the weather was overcast, the pics are not as bright as I would have liked, had it been a beautifully clear sunny day - but they still portray the colours fairly well.

We also visited the Da Vinci exhibition ... a showing of 60 of his more famous "inventions" taken from his codices (books he put together over his lifetime, containing all his notes, thoughts, and inventions). An amazing collection, which really makes you sit back and realise just how much this man has given the following generations.

So, a good day. Have had a laid back afternoon - just about to settle in and watch the last of the Rugby League grand final, have dinner, the visit my brother's family ...

No comments:

Post a Comment