Hi everyone!

My name is Karen, I live on the (sometimes) sunny NSW Central Coast, have a partner who has three great kids, have 4 1/2 dogs (share one with the partner), and am discovering the world of paper crafts and scrapbooking!

Started scrapbooking approx 5 yr ago, and have realised it's an ever evolving craft ... so many new things, techniques etc coming out all the time - it's hard to keep up! For example, recently discovered Copic markers - oh what fun we are having now! As a consequence, my house is always one of organised chaos lol.

I fund my hobbies (or habits, I haven't decided which yet) working as a pet groomer here on the coast, which also caters for my love of animals. I have been showing dogs since I was 8 yr old, and will never be with a canine companion. Next year, hopefully one of the girls will be having puppies - a whole new subject to scrap!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Catch up time ...

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted ... been working the usual 10 hr days since the weather has warmed up, plus we had a grooming competition down in Sydney last weekend, which took a fair bit of preparation time, as well as long days in Sydney on Fri/Sat/Sun! I entered three dogs, all belonging to clients, and managed to come away with a 2nd place in the Other Purebreds/Scissor class ... I admit, I was disappointed that I didn't place with the other two dogs, but I gave it my best on the day, the dogs behaved brilliantly well, so I can't ask much more ... after all, it is just one judge's opinion on that particular day!

Not much else has happened in my little part of the world :-) This weekend, my partner, David has his daughter, Katelyn, till sunday evening, so whilst I am at work tomorrow, they are going to the Brisbania Public School fete (that's Katelyn's school) and then hopefully down to the beach as the weather is meant to be close to 30 degrees c. Sunday, the Putt Putt Regatta is on - plenty of future scrapbooking there!

Sometime over the weekend, I am going to test the ink in David's printer on Xpress It paper, and hopefully it will be usable with Copics - then I can go silly ordering digi stamps! In the meantime, I have my order of new Copics to pick up (which will be a surprise, as I have forgotten which ones I ordered!) plus two new stamps turning up which I ordered online!

No comments:

Post a Comment