Hi everyone!

My name is Karen, I live on the (sometimes) sunny NSW Central Coast, have a partner who has three great kids, have 4 1/2 dogs (share one with the partner), and am discovering the world of paper crafts and scrapbooking!

Started scrapbooking approx 5 yr ago, and have realised it's an ever evolving craft ... so many new things, techniques etc coming out all the time - it's hard to keep up! For example, recently discovered Copic markers - oh what fun we are having now! As a consequence, my house is always one of organised chaos lol.

I fund my hobbies (or habits, I haven't decided which yet) working as a pet groomer here on the coast, which also caters for my love of animals. I have been showing dogs since I was 8 yr old, and will never be with a canine companion. Next year, hopefully one of the girls will be having puppies - a whole new subject to scrap!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My new obsession!

Recently, I have discovered the wonderful world of Copic markers! For those of you who don't know what these are, they are the pens that the Japanese "created" in order to colour their Anime cartoons...they are essentially texts, but with the ability to blend shades and colours like you would with paint. They are 334 colours in the total range, and the possibility to create more, as you can purchase empty pens, and ink refills, and therefore can mix inks to create colours and shades of your own choice.

I have been doing Copic classes of a thursday night at Erina Scrapbooking Shop, with the amazing Dawn Lewis as our teacher (see www.dawnlewisimagery.com.au) ... and these pens are amazing! Not cheap, they are $6.50 a pen, but what you can do with them is awesome. I have finally found away that I can create my own handcrafted cards with having a die cut machine, like everyone else seems to have *grins*



So, look out everyone ... not only is my house as messy as ever (got Copics and scrapbooking stuff everywhere now!) but if you get a card from me for any special occasion, be sure to look twice - coz I probably made it!

My first two creations, using Copics! The butterfly is actually two dimensional - there is a second one underneath, coloured in the same shades. Now I just need to get creative with filling out the rest of the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment