Hi everyone!

My name is Karen, I live on the (sometimes) sunny NSW Central Coast, have a partner who has three great kids, have 4 1/2 dogs (share one with the partner), and am discovering the world of paper crafts and scrapbooking!

Started scrapbooking approx 5 yr ago, and have realised it's an ever evolving craft ... so many new things, techniques etc coming out all the time - it's hard to keep up! For example, recently discovered Copic markers - oh what fun we are having now! As a consequence, my house is always one of organised chaos lol.

I fund my hobbies (or habits, I haven't decided which yet) working as a pet groomer here on the coast, which also caters for my love of animals. I have been showing dogs since I was 8 yr old, and will never be with a canine companion. Next year, hopefully one of the girls will be having puppies - a whole new subject to scrap!

Monday, January 3, 2011

To all the wonderful mums :-)



I have been using this digi stamp of Lil Lolita's Willow a fair bit lately, as she is new, and a friend mentioned in passing that she would make a really good stamp for a wedding type card. now, as I don't know anyone who is married, but I do, of course, have a mum, I decided that I would use soft colours, and do a card for Mum even though Mother's day is months away (nothing like being prepared, right?).
I coloured Willow with Copic markers, matched her almost peppermint green dress to the base card stock, then coloured her flowers to match a journal tag from the Kaisercraft "English Rose" collection, adding lace and ribbon to match. I picked one of the pinks I used to colour the stamp to then also colour some Kaisercraft pearls to add a pretty little finishing touch.

I would like to enter this card in the Digital Tuesday Challenge No. 91 "Anything Goes"

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment