Hi everyone!

My name is Karen, I live on the (sometimes) sunny NSW Central Coast, have a partner who has three great kids, have 4 1/2 dogs (share one with the partner), and am discovering the world of paper crafts and scrapbooking!

Started scrapbooking approx 5 yr ago, and have realised it's an ever evolving craft ... so many new things, techniques etc coming out all the time - it's hard to keep up! For example, recently discovered Copic markers - oh what fun we are having now! As a consequence, my house is always one of organised chaos lol.

I fund my hobbies (or habits, I haven't decided which yet) working as a pet groomer here on the coast, which also caters for my love of animals. I have been showing dogs since I was 8 yr old, and will never be with a canine companion. Next year, hopefully one of the girls will be having puppies - a whole new subject to scrap!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Cards in Non Traditional colours



I love my Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, so have entered this week's challenge - "Let It Snow!" Only problem is, of course, being in Australia, we don't have a white Christmas - in fact, at the moment, we are having days in the high 20's (degrees celcius) and storms quite frequently! Added to this, it's really hard to find papers or embellishments that have anything to do with snow! But, I did find one paper - Holly Jolly "Let It Snow" by My Little Shoe Box. This paper has a teal base colour, so I matched it with Bazzill Bling, and a lovely Christine Re paper in cream with an embossed design. To highlight the snowflakes, I added Kaisercraft pearls in snow, and then Kindy Glitzed every dot :-) I coloured my Kimmie stamp with Copics ...

Hair: E51, E31, E33
Clothes: BG01, BG05, BG09, B00, B12, B05
Misc: BV00, BV02, BV04, RV000, RV02, RV04, R32, R35, G21, G24, G28

As this card also covers the Mad For Markers Non Traditional Christmas colours challenge, I decided to enter it in that challenge as well!

Challenge: Kraftin' Kimmie's "Let It Snow!" Mad For Markers Non Traditional Christmas colours

2 comments:

  1. That is an adorable card! Love that you note which copics you used. I just got my first set yesterday so I appreciate that you share your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card!!
    LOVE that blue!!
    Thanks for entering our challenge again!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete