Hi everyone!

My name is Karen, I live on the (sometimes) sunny NSW Central Coast, have a partner who has three great kids, have 4 1/2 dogs (share one with the partner), and am discovering the world of paper crafts and scrapbooking!

Started scrapbooking approx 5 yr ago, and have realised it's an ever evolving craft ... so many new things, techniques etc coming out all the time - it's hard to keep up! For example, recently discovered Copic markers - oh what fun we are having now! As a consequence, my house is always one of organised chaos lol.

I fund my hobbies (or habits, I haven't decided which yet) working as a pet groomer here on the coast, which also caters for my love of animals. I have been showing dogs since I was 8 yr old, and will never be with a canine companion. Next year, hopefully one of the girls will be having puppies - a whole new subject to scrap!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I know, I know, I don't post all the time!

It's late sunday night, and I have finally found time to post my usual weekly update :-)
We had Katelyn this weekend - and boy, was she in an awesome mood Friday night! So happy, helpful, doing as she was told - everyone enjoyed the night. Mind you, sort of guessed it wouldn't last, and by Saturday morning we were back into "it's all about me" mode, which is how we expect her to be.
I worked saturday, so I did manage a break for at least most of the day, but by the time I got here late saturday, Katelyn was in "full demand" mode, and basically stayed that way for the rest of the weekend. She, being her mother's only child (but one of three when here) doesn't get that she isn't any more important than anyone else ... and she isn't the centre of attention like she is with her mum. As she grows up, I know she will start to understand this, but at the moment it's extremely frustrating.
However, she does like my cards! I made one especially for her last visit, and this weekend, she asked me to make two - a get well card for a school friend who has been in hospital, and a birthday card for a school friend whose birthday she is attending on her next weekend with us.
I thought cardmaking would be the perfect chance to get her to slow down a little, and get out of full-blown "Kate" mode, and it sort of did. After, no one uses my Copics except me! So, slight change in plan - I make the card, do all the colouring, cutting etc, but she goes through my stash, and "designs" the card - that way, she has a huge input, but doesn't get her mitts on my pens :-)
So, first thing tomorrow, I will post Katelyn's "creations" - don't look at me if you don't think the colours look too flash together - remember, her choice, not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment